Thursday, February 10, 2005

My new highly rated shopping site

Valentine's day is 4 days away and I just bought a valentine gift...... for myself. There were actually 2 items - a bracelet and a pair of earrings. I bought them from overstock.com and I love this site. I don't care if the things that I buy are not the lastest style or trend, as long as I like them. It feels even more excited when you see that the discounted price is 50-70% off the list price (although I know I should not 100% trust that). You can't beat the S/H too - a flat $2.95 for the entire order!

I've another fight with Simon tonight about my vacation time. We've argued over this topic million times. To him I'm the pharmacist and since there's a shortage of pharmacist now so I'm like the boss of everyone and I can do whatever I want to do and take vacations whenever I want. The reality is that I AM NOT the boss nor the most important employee in Walgreens. I know I'm entitled to 2 weeks paid vacation a year since the day I signed the contract and that doesn't mean I can just leave for 3 weeks and tell people I don't need to get paid. I don't like the system too but this is the job I chose because of other reasons. He couldn't understand and got mad when I asked if he could take 3 weeks off to go to HK with me. I did think about working in an independent pharmacy and get off at 6 or 7 pm everyday, no nights, no weekends, less workload, slower day, etc. But what about the unbeatable 401k plan, sophisticated computer system, nice pharmacists and technicians I work with at different stores? Should I reconsider?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home