Sunday, February 26, 2006

First time driving in NY

I had my worst driving experience yesterday.

Thy and me went to a live CE in midtown yesterday and after it's finished Simon came to pick us up. While we were going towards Penn Station to drop off Thy, Vincent called and Simon were talking to him on the cell phone. I was chatting with Thy and didn't pay attention because he always talked on the cell phone in the car and never used the speaker function (he didn't have a hands-free). Then when we were waiting at the red light 2 poilcewomen came up and told Simon to roll down the window. I was like "oh-oh" as I remembered Milady told me she had to pay $130 for the same violation. One of the policewomen asked Simon for his driver's license while the other walked around our car and inspect from the outside. When Simon told her that he forgot his wallet and didn't have the license, I was like, another "oh-oh". I started to calculate how many hours of OTs I've to work in order to cover the fines and the raise in insurance premium. The 2 policewomen stepped aside and discussed for a while, then they came back and told us we were fine to leave but never talk on the cell phone while driving again. That's like the biggest relief and we just couldn't believe it! But then when they knew that I had my license on me they told us to switch place, that means I've to drive on the busiest streets in New York at the busiest time and I was so nervous. All the taxi drivers around me were like flying and I could only go slow because I didn't know when will they cut in front of me. I didn't remember how I got to Penn Station but we switched place again immediately after we dropped Thy off.

Now I'm like we've won a $200 lottery, maybe we can buy a Tivo?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home